Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Writing Specific Blogs!

Today I finished my September class for Oxford Seminars. This was a very stressful class to teach because the students had more experience than the teacher. I had a man in the class that has been a principal for over 12 years and an educator for over 38 years. I had a woman that is now a superintendent, has been a principal and has been an educator for over 45 years. She is invited to make presentations to international organizations around the world. I have a man that has been teaching high school for over 12 years. Another man has been training engineers for over 35 years. Only one of the students was under 30.
I was stressed because of so much experience the students had, but I also am a teacher and I got into a different mode when I am in charge of the classroom. It was exciting to watch everyone teach. It was also fun to watch the few students that were in the class that have never taught before grow in their ability since they had so many teachers. At the end of each class I always ask the students how I can improve my class. This class had some good advice and I will change my class as I can. During my class I often make suggestions about how to teach. I tell them when they teach they need to make the class light and fun, they need to be confident, they need to prepare for classes so they are comfortable, and teachers need to be coaches and encouraging.
I call these Scottisms. My students convinced me to start a new blog about all my Scottisms. I took 22 postings from this blog that I have done over the years and started a new blog at: http://scottisms.blogspot.com.

A few days ago my mom asked me to set up a blog for her. She has many stories she wants to tell and I set up a blog for her to tell her stories at: http://lauraphillips-quinn.blogspot.com. I don't know how often she will post anything, but it is nice that she has a forum to write when she wants to. I think it is important for people to write in blogs when they have something to say. I always suggest my students set up blogs as they travel around the world so they can tell their friends and families about their adventures.
It is nice to set up a blog about a specific part of your life, something you have a passion for. Even if you think no one wants to read it you will be surprised by the people that find what you write.

No comments:

Post a Comment