Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Roller coaster Day!

felt like I was riding a bronc!
Today has been one of those days I wish I had stayed in bed! I woke up early with a text message from a woman that is very very special to me and she is back in town. Sounds like that should be and "up", but it is a "down" (like the beginning of a roller coaster ride). She was supposed to be gone for a week and back tomorrow, but she is back today. I haven't heard from her for a week and I got the impression that she came back early because of something negative I had done. Then I tried to call and she wouldn't answer the phone (further down).
cloudy day
When I finally was able to talk to her on the phone she answered the phone, "Hi Honey", which is something she never called me before so ... up to the top of the ride. Then I talked to my boss and he had just gotten off of a conference call with the company. He said they were talking about the government not passing a continuing resolution and how it would affect out jobs. (back down the roller coaster) He said that since our contract was in effect from June to June we will not be affected since the money is already obligated. No change to my job! (back up) During my call to the woman earlier she couldn't hear me on my phone clearly which is often a problem with people I call.
harvesting tomatoes
I decided to call ATT again because I complained about this problem before and they told me they had fixed it. They put me through to a repair person who spent an hour doing research about my Nokia 820 phone. I was patient since I was sitting at home any way and I wanted my phone fixed. I knew she couldn't fix it and I would be given instruction to take the phone into the repair facility and they would give me a new phone. She then asked me to take off the back and take out the SIM card. I cut my nails yesterday so I couldn't get the back off easily. I told her I couldn't get the back off and she said I had to.
harvesting rice
I was frustrated to I got nail clippers and used the file to pry off the top. The space I thought I I was supposed to use was to pry off the glass, not the back. I broke the glass! As soon as I told the lady on the phone that I had broken the glass she said, "well, that voids the warranted, sorry". WHAT!! I got really upset, but I know she has her little book that tells her what to do. I hung up and got in my car and drove to the ATT store. I told the manager my story and he had this look on his face like there wasn't much he could do. As he was talking to me another man walked by and shook the managers hand and said bye. The manager asked me to excuse him for a minute and went to talk to the man.
Dried up sunflowers, like my day felt!
The manager brought the man over to me and introduced him as the Nokia rep. I was a little taken aback. They told me that this man would give me a free phone. He had a Nokia 920 in the car and went to get it. I was shocked. The manager said that the Nokia rep only visits them once a year and he just happened to be in the store right now. He brought the phone in and opened the box. It was red, but it is a more expensive style than I had before. We usually don't like to get new phones because we have to put in all the contacts and download all the apps again. NOT! When I signed onto the phone it downloaded all the information that was on my phone before.
My day ended wonderfully
My contacts were all downloaded, my apps were all automatically downloaded and up dated, and my settings were easy to set up and an hour after my old phone was broken my new phone was in my hand and everything was set up and working. Even my bluetooth got set up quickly and easily. Right now it is 6pm and the day still has a few hours left. I hope it doesn't take another nosedive because I'm exhausted already!!
God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment