Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Drive with me

Since schools are all in full swing now I am driving a lot. I can't really do my job unless I visit schools and to visit schools I need to drive to them. How far you may ask, I cover 75% of California, from Bakersfield to Oregon. I usually drive 2 or 3 hours to go to a school and then drive home. Some people suggest I visit a few schools on my trip and sometimes I do, but schools are usually open from 7:30 - 3. If I start out at 8am then I get to the school at 10 or 11, then I visit with the people there for an hour or so and then I get lunch and usually it would be another hour drive to get to another school.
So, I spend a lot of time alone while I am driving. I listen to audio books and that helps the time go by. I have a bluetooth so I can talk to people as I drive and my phone uses voice texting so I can send and receive texts without touching my phone also. Even with all that driving for hours alone can get lonely and boring. One night last year I was driving in the mountains at night and it started to snow. I called my daughter and talked to her while Iwas driving because I was a little scared. I told her if I got in an accident who she should call and where I was. It all turned out okay in the end.
I have a good friend that drives with me. I'm not allowed to have anyone else in my car so I text my friend and send her pictures on the text. I also take pictures during every trip this year so I can share my trip with my friend. An old friend in Korea has asked me to take pictures of flowers for her, so I take at least one flower picture each trip. Another friend wanted me to take pictures of the sky, since they live in San Francisco and the sky is never blue. I never have pictures of people in my pictures since I am often near high schools and they don't want pictures taken of children since we don't know the circumstance of the kids.
So my pictures are of the school buildings and the surrounding area. I drive though much rural area and most people don't think of rural area when they think of California so I take lots of pictures of crops and open spaces. And then I take at least one picture of just the sky!


No comments:

Post a Comment