Total Pageviews

Friday, July 19, 2013

You're Fired!!

I have heard the words, "you're fired" a few times in my life. I hate hearing it and I go through an emotional roller coaster and then I get another job. Once it took 2 years to get another job, but I did. I hate just as much to tell others those words. I think that is one of my problems, I'm not tough enough to tell people they are fired. Even though I know when it has happened to me I have been able to bounce back I don't always think others can make the transition from having a job to looking for one. I was talking to my youngest daughter yesterday about what major she wants in college. She told me she wanted to go into business. I told her if she becomes a manager she will have to be able to fire people. She told me, without flinching, that would be no problem for her. She said if someone isn't doing their job then they are gone. Last year she was responsible for two major rallies in her high school and she did an outstanding job. I attended one of the rallies and I was surprised to see she didn't participate. She handled everything behind the scenes and didn't care if she got the recognition for heading the committee. I heard a few people talking about how good the rally was a few days later and I was very proud of Sarah, mostly because she didn't take credit for doing a great job, she just did it. I have always thought she would end up as a CEO someday, and talking to her recently has solidified that thinking.
A year ago Sarah and I visited USC and went though one of their orientation tours. When she was younger Sarah was thinking about being a pharmacy. Going through the tour our guide mentioned one of their programs was a BA in business and a MA in pharmacy. I didn't mention that to Sarah yesterday, but she told me that was something she was thinking of doing. I look forward to watching her life.

My three daughters are very different, but their talents compliment each other. The would work together very well in a business. Sarah is a natural boss, everyone likes her, but she never forgets the objective and guides, forces, or convinces people to get things done. Lindsey is a natural sales person. She is one of those people that can convince you to buy something terrible and then you thank them for allowing you to buy the thing. Jayne is very calculating and will tell you the pros and cons of an idea and then support you when you make that decision.
dancers that have been paralyzed because of car accidents
As my kids grow up the most interesting thing is to see what they do and the decisions they make. I feel like I am watching a tv show, one that takes a lifetime not an hour, and you really don't know how it will end up. GO TEAM!






Wooden prototype!

No comments:

Post a Comment