Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blog = Letter to myself

I haven't written in this blog for a long long time. I have been sick a lot. My foot has hurt so much I went to the doctor about it and got some medication, and I don't often take medication. I got a summer cold and haven't been able to shake it. I have a runny nose and my body aches a lot. I haven't been able to sleep good. The other side of the coin is I haven't run for a long long time, maybe a month or more. I did do a 5 mile race in May and then a 5K in June.
I read my previous blog writings about how good the running is for me and I realize when I run I stay healthy, sleep good, and my feet don't hurt. Some people complain about their knees hurting when they run too much. Hmmmm, I think the problem is too much. I will never have that problem. I don't get the "runner's high" people talk about. I'm always happy when I finish. I hope I remember to read my blog more often for my own good to realize that running is my medication for everything that ails me!
I know it sounds like I am making this running stuff sound like a panacea, but today I started running for the first time in 4 weeks. It motivated me to start writing. My foot doesn't hurt me and it has been hurting so bad i have had to take medication for the past 3.5 weeks. My nose isn't running any more and I feel ready to sleep. I'm not saying this running stuff works for anyone else, I'm just saying I should read my own blog sometimes and realize that it works for me. So ... I'M BACK!



No comments:

Post a Comment