Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

On the road again ...

My office
This is the end of July and some schools have already begun. The rest of the schools will begin within 3 weeks. My schedule is starting to fill up. I already have scheduled a school in Tracy (1 hour), Dublin, Willows (2.5 hours), Sutter (3 hours), Susanville (5 hours), Redding (4 hours) and Toulumne (3 hours). I have mixed emotions about my job and how much I am on the road. I guess I could stay in my office and send other people to the places I go.
Office on the road
I could have other people do what I do at the schools, but they wouldn't do as good of a job as I do. I think it is a disservice to the schools I work with if I can't give them the best service. I want to help students make choices about their futures and I feel I can make the presentation better since I do it 150 times a year and other people only do it 4 or 5 times a year. My job is also to train the other presenters so I attend their presentations sometimes also. I have a little stress these days because the form I designed to do this and I have been training others for 3 years to use might be changed. There is a new person in charge of the program and he has decided to change to form since he didn't design it.
I have a meeting with the people that want to change my form tomorrow. When I asked them why they wanted to change my form they said they want the schools to be able to fill out the form without any help. I work for two different offices that offer this test and if these people want me to use their form I will just work for the other office more often. Since I do 80% of the work I think that will leave these guys in the lurch and they will have to have the schools fill out the form without any presentations, kind of a self fulfilled prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment