Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saving 50%

I went to the Dollar Store last week and did some shopping. The weird thing with that is going shopping, because I almost never go shopping. The other weird thing is I went to the Dollar Store which I have only been to once or twice. The Dollar Store is next to CVS which is where I was going to originally so I went there instead. I needed two things, shaving cream and hair conditioner. I figured I might as well save some money since neither of these things I needed to be good quality. The hair conditioner I got was a name brand that I used to use a few years ago and I have always been happy with the brand.
Sometimes this stuff is in dollar stores because it is over stocked in other stores, which was this case since the brand name is something I like and the expiration date is not close. That cost $1 versus the $4.50 at CVS. I bought two bottles since I was saving 75% off the regular price. Then I went over to the shaving cream and I didn't see a brand I knew so I bought one that looked like the same container Gillette Foamy comes in, which I usually use, for $1. I usually pay $2.50. I bought a few more things for one dollar and went home. The hair conditioner was no problem except it didn't smell as good as other brands.
The next morning I used the shaving cream. It was foamy when it came out of the can, but when I put it on my face the foam didn't stay thick. It immediately turned into a watery consistency. It was terrible! I would have rather used just water rather than this stuff. I have used it for 3 days and today I went out and bought Gillette Foamy. Sometimes saving money isn't as important as buying quality. I saved 50% of what I would buy the shaving cream at another store, or another way of saying it is I saved $1.50 and wasn't satisfied with what I got.
I find the same is true with toilet paper, you can save some money and not necessarily happy with what you get. My children's mother used to tell me that getting high quality things is worth the extra money if you can get exactly what you want. I used to date a girl that would buy 10 watches at $10 rather than buy one watch at $100. She liked doing that because she looked at watches as being accessories rather than only being time pieces.  My daughter got a $500 watch because she wanted to show people she had expensive taste. Sometimes quality is more important than saving money, and sometimes it isn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment