Total Pageviews

Friday, November 8, 2013

Driving long distance

Today I drove 5 hours after working in the morning. The drive was wonderful. 2.5 hours through the mountains and then 2.5 hours on the freeway that I drive on often. I stop and take pictures while I'm driving so I force myself to stretch my legs. As I drive I listen to audio books. This week I'm listening to The Racketeer by John Grisham. Last week I listened to The Sycamore Tree by John Grisham. The beginning of last week's book it introduced John Grisham as the best storyteller in America I totally agree and think that was a great definition of him.
Driving through the backroads of California is really fantastic and eye opening. I really like seeing the areas that not many people travel to. I like the small towns that are boring to some people, but to me they are an adventure. I like to see the chimney that is left after the house burned down 100 years ago. I don't mind the long distance driving if there is something to see alone the way. I have my camera and a good book to listen to and it is much better than sitting at a desk 8 hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment