Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Eating out with Sarah

Tonight my youngest daughter and I had a dinner date. I am trying to have dinner with her two or three times a week. She has a college class until 5:30 so I picked her up at her house and we discussed where to eat. I gave her several options, I told her we could eat at the taco place, Armadillo Willy's (BBQ), Korean food, Indian food, Black Angus (steak), or Cheesecake Factory. She suggested we go to the mall food court. I was a little hesitant to do that, it seemed a little impersonal.
We drove down to the mall. Gave us some time to discuss what she is up to today, the colleges she is applying to, her relationships with her friends and sisters and mother. When we got to the mall she really knew about what was going on than I did. She works at the mall and wanted to show me the new food court. There were new food places I haven't seen before. We ate at a great Japanese food place and it was great. We had a nice dinner and then walked around the mall and looked for clothes for me and she wanted to know if I knew what kind of clothes she would wear, and I did!
It is nice to get to know my kids on a personal level, not just a father level. We went and met one of her friends at her work place and it is nice that she isn't embarrassed to be with me. My youngest daughter will soon be gone away and it will really be hard for me. It is good to get to know her as an adult before she goes away. Having dinner with her as often as I can allows me to get to know her in a better way. I'm proud of all three of my daughters, but then again I have said that often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment