Total Pageviews

Friday, November 22, 2013

Greening of California

If you read the title to this blog and thought I was going to talk about saving the planet then you were wrong. I drive around California and find it is all brown and boring these days. It hasn't rained a lot in a long time. Last Thursday we got the first substantial rain in 7 months. I like when it rains because then the grass turns green! All of my pictures these days show dirt brown grass that doesn't look good in pictures. I can't wait till that brown grass gets some water and starts to change color! I can't wait until I am writing about how I wish the rain would stop.
In most places it is green in the summer and brown (or white) in the winter. Here it is brown in the summer and green in the winter. I think I would rather have it the California way rather than the everywhere else way. I hope the rain comes soon, I am practicing my winter complaining already!!



1 comment:

  1. Those dry grass covered hills are not brown, they are golden.

    ReplyDelete