Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Running along 17 Mile Drive


Today I ran a 10K rather than a 5K. The shorter distance would have been nice, but they ran around the neighborhood and not along the ocean. I decided on the longer distance so I could run on one of America's most beautiful roads. It was spectacular, but I don't know if I will be able to walk tomorrow since my legs are hurting a lot all day today. The longer distance was not easy, but well worth it. Tomorrow I will go to an Oakland Raider's football game with Sarah!
After the run this race had a huge catered buffet breakfast for everyone! It was great. The race cost $30 and the breakfast probably would have cost that much any way. After eating fruit and a small muffin for breakfast I went home to shower. On my way the girl I was going to go with today called me and asked if she could meet me in Monterey. I said sure and we arranged to meet in 2 hours. She and her family came so we went to the tide pools, the light house, then to a beach. It was a lot of fun to see the little boy in the tide pools.
I had a good day and I am glad I did the run. My legs killed me the whole rest of the day and I'm sure they will hurt very much tomorrow. I think it is a little weird that yesterday my feet hurt me very much and I couldn't want very much and then today I ran over 6 miles! I know if I don't run for a day or two my legs/ feet will hurt much. I gotta keep remembering that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment