Total Pageviews

Friday, October 11, 2013

Driving Around

This week I started driving a lot. I just got home after driving 400 miles in 2 days. Next week I will drive over 1000 miles. I will probably average 5000 miles a month for the next 6 months. Last year I drove over 40,000 miles. I cover an area of over 100,000 square miles. I cover almost 1000 schools. I will often drive 3 hours and work for an hour then drive home. Sometimes I can drive 3 hours and work in three different schools and then drive home. My schedule is driven by when the schools want me to come, it isn't my choice.
I visit schools and talk to students about jobs and careers. I have them go to a website, www.asvabprogram.com, and have them do an interest inventory and then show them how to research jobs that are the same interest codes. I usually work only one hour in each school. Usually the groups are from 15 - 35 students. I know some students I work with are totally bored, but some of them get their eyes opened to new opportunities. I really enjoy my job and will continue it as long as I can. The long drive give me the opportunity to see different parts of California and I love taking pictures as I drive!!


No comments:

Post a Comment