Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 30, 2015

The last time I write this blog ...

... from this home. This week has been lots of last
My last run in Sunnyvale
of something. Today was the last Sunday I wake up in Sunnyvale. I cooked my last meal in Sunnyvale. I will sleep my last night in Sunnyvale tonight. All week I have been saying this stuff. Am I happy when I say this stuff or am I sad about it? Will I miss doing these things in Sunnyvale, or will I be happy I don't have to do them any more? I don't know the answer to those questions and I may never know.
I will never run by these condos after they are built

I moved here after my divorce. I lived in my office for 10 months after I left my house and I moved into a mobile home because it was something I could afford. Buying this place was cheaper than renting an apartment that I could have my 3 daughters live with me. I moved here when Sarah was in Kindergarten, Jayne was in 5th grade and Lindsey was in Middle School. My kids grew up while I lived here. I always wanted to apologize to them that I lived here. I wasn't happy that I lived in such a small place that my oldest daughter didn't want to visit me.
The last time I will be running down this street
I had lunch with my daughter yesterday and did apologize. This is the only place she can remember I lived all her life. She laughed at me and said she grew up fine. She said neither she nor her sisters ever thought about where I lived as they grew up. I guess I should be happy that this allowed me to live close to them as they grew up and was always there when they needed me. This is the reasoning I always told myself, but the truth is I don't really believe that. I wanted to provide my children more.
Last time to run past this hydrant
 They will never know, nor do I want them to think about it, the things I have done for them. I hope they know I love them, but that isn't even important to me. I now have a house I'm proud about and will build firsts in. I will have Thanksgiving at my house for my family for the first time this year. I will run around that neighborhood for the first time. I will have enough rooms for my kids to have their own room, and bathroom, when they come to visit for the first time. I will wake up for a first time in that house. I will cook my first meal in that house for the first time in that house.
The last time I will round this corner on my way home from my run
Lots of firsts will happen next week and for the next year. I can't have firsts without lasts so I embrace the lasts. This is the last sentence I will write in this blog from this home!







1 comment:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your life in your new home.

    ReplyDelete