Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Phil's Frills

How many of us have wanted to start our own company, but never really knew how? Or we wanted to start a company, but didn't really know what kind of company? I have a friend in China that wanted to start a company, she could do it by herself, but asked me to be her partner. I am doing the business part and she is doing the selling and buying and sales part. In other words, I am keeping it legal and she is doing all the work. There is another person involved, a man dealing directly with the factories and shipping and keeping it legal on that end. The concept is finding styles women of any size can wear.
The woman I'm working with is petite and she wants to find clothes larger women can wear that will enhance their style. I think it is funny that she is choosing the clothing and she will never wear it. She wants me to find models to wear the clothes so we can control all aspects of sales. She is sending me 30 pounds of clothes to find someone to model while we take photos. We want to end up wholesaling these garments to stores or distributors and deal in large quantities rather than one or two items a day. We are looking at how to start approaching businesses about Christmas shopping. If you had direct access to a factory what would you order? She has been working for the past 2 weeks to get items on Amazon. She has found it takes a few hours just to put one item on Amazon, I thought it would be easy.
She has to put on many different shots of each item. If you go to Amazon and search for philfril you will see all the items we have on Amazon, it will increase slowly over the next few weeks. We have been trying to figure out the best way to do a website, www.philfril.com , and it has changed a few times in the past week. She has one idea and I have another so we will keep working on it. I keep trying to find someone to help me do the website since I have many friends in this area that do websites. I haven't been successful in getting anyone to help me yet. I have also just started a Facebook page for Philfril Mercantile and invited many of my friends. I don't mean to bother people, but the sales manager of the company is always on my back to do things and inform my friends about the company. She is constantly talking to me about how to improve the company. I try to tell her to slow down and it isn't so important and she tells me if we are in business we are in business. We have made a sale and we need to follow that with another sale soon.
The concept of the company is the smallest size we carry is XL and the largest we carry are XXXXL. We have a direct link to the factory and can fill orders immediately and ship it right from China directly to the customer. If someone sees something they want in our website or another they can ask us and we can try to find the exact same thing directly from the factory and put a Philfril tag on it and send to them. Then we will start contacting distributors and independent stores and wholesale to them. We are starting to source accessories. We have already added clutch purses and scarves. We have a great source for lingerie and would like to sell that. We can just put the companies catalog on line, Lingerie , and the customer can tell us what they want. This is all in the infant stage, but my partner is not sitting still and will make this successful if it kills her. She told me yesterday, Scott you will be rich within 4 years. Feels good that she says it that way and not that she will be rich. She needs me to keep her centered and I need her to keep me excited about this. It works well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment