Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Perils of moving ...

Philfril LOGO
I mentioned that I'm moving, but I have been too busy to write more about it. When I decided to see about moving I knew I had to sell my present mobile home before I could buy a house. When I heard I could sell my home for 30% more than I bought it, rather than 30% less I decided to put my home on the market and look for a house in an area with affordable housing. I put my home in Sunnyvale on the market on the same day I put an offer on a house in Stockton. The offer was not enough so I offered a little more and the home got an offer 3 days later for the same amount over my asking price!
Bobblehead I got for running in SF
 The home was to close in 21 days and the house was to close in 30 days. One of the contingencies of getting my loan was selling my home, so it was all working out. I don't want to move myself. I have lived here for 14 years and wasn't looking forward to boxing up everything I own, loading a truck, and unloading it in my new house and unpacking everything. I don't know what to do with my stuff for 8 days, from the time I move out to the day I move in. I decided to let someone else move me and not worry about all the hassles of moving myself! Then the "problems" start showing. The mobile home park sent the buyer the city ordinance stating their rights if the park is sold, in accordance with law. The buyer didn't understand why this was sent and they said they didn't want to purchase the home if the park was being sold. My real estate agent didn't understand their concern and wanted a meeting with the park owner to clarify what was going on and the park owner didn't understand what the problem was. That got cleared up. Then the inspection was done of the home and many problems were found, which is why I wanted to sell the home "as is". I have a limit of the amount I will pay to fix the home, which is still more than they went over the asking price. The inspection went over that amount and the buyer was thinking of pulling out of the sale.
Running down the streets of San Francisco
They got over that problem, then said I don't have to fix anything and just give them the amount I said I would pay, even though I have already started doing some of the repairs. This means I don't have to move out of the house as early as I had planned, so I contacted the movers to move 2 days later. Then the house I'm buying will be available 4 days before I thought. But, then my sister reminded me that was a holiday so things changed again. Another call to the movers. Then I decided I would just keep things as they were, and move out and in when I had planned so we solidified the plans.
Running with 10,000 of my closest friends.
Then the buyer notified us they had used the wrong name, they are Chinese and put their last name first and first name last. UGH! more changes to the paperwork, but no stress for me. So now I'm all ready for when I move out and when I move in. I went out and purchased washer and dryer and refrigerator. I now know when they can deliver that. I have measured and shopped for artificial grass to be put on the cement slab on the side of my house to give me a "yard".
The only time I smile is when I'm taking "selfies".
In 2 days the movers come, the next day the cleaners come. I will stay at my sister's for a week then sign the papers for my new house and sleep there on the floor for one night and the next day have my stuff delivered. Then the real work starts trying to figure out where to put everything. I'm moving from 650 sq ft to 1700 sq ft so it won't be hard to find space. My linen shelf will turn into a linen closet! My 6'X6' shed will turn into a 2 car garage and laundry room.This should be another great adventure in my life!!
Finish on the field at ATT Park, home of the SF Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment