Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Movie Review: Straight Outta Compton

From my seat at ATT Park
I hate rap music. I have always hated rap music. I hate the lyrics and will change the radio station if they ever play rap. I'm an old white guy that hates rap, nothing unusual about that. I loved the movie about how rap started, maybe something unusual and ironic about that. This movie is a must see for everyone! I don't know how accurate this movie is, but it opened my eyes to understand the music more. After seeing the movie I still hate rap, but I understand it better. I like what they said in the movie that the music reflects their environment.
overlooking SF from ATT Park
This movie made me feel what it was/ is like growing up in a poor neighborhood. This neighborhood happened to be a black neighborhood in LA. The movie let me see how the police behaved, from the occupants point of view instead of from the police point of view. The language is really bad because that is how it was in the neighborhood. I never listened to the lyrics, but during the movie I started to understand what it was all about. Again, I don't know how accurate this was, but I have a new respect for these artists and lyricists.
Add caption
This was one of those movies that had me thinking about it after I left. The movie was fun and interesting and brought out many during emotions during the movie. I was not bored during the movie and didn't want to leave to do my job of why I was there. After the movie, for the next week, I thought about that movie and that time in history and in my life. I started to understand how my own experiences prevent me from seeing other things in the proper perspective. I suggest everyone see this movie, especially white people over 40!


No comments:

Post a Comment