Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Review Movie Theaters instead of Movies

On Friday night I went to see the movie "Keanu" at the theater in Lodi. I get to see the movies for free because the production companies want to make sure the trailers that are supposed to be shown are shown before the movies. I am requested to go to movies the first day out and then report to the company what trailers were shown before the movie. I go to a movie almost every week, at least 3 times a month. I go to the theater in Lodi often and each time I go there I am amazed at how kind the management is. I have met 3 managers there and they have always been professional. Sometimes they make a mistake or two, but that isn't why I admire them.
 If you go to the movie theater in Lodi you will buy your ticket at the window outside and then when you come in and you go to the ticket taker chances are that person will have a handicap. When I usually go in there is a man, about 35, that has Down's Syndrome. He always has a kind word to say to everyone. He is always smiling and makes you feel good about being at the theater. Sometimes it is another man with Down's Syndrome who is about 25. This week there was a woman, about 30, with Down's Syndrome. I am impressed with the theater management that they have found a perfect job for adults with a handicap.
I feel good when I go to that movie theater and I have gone there when I don't really want to go to a movie, but I want to support the theater. Everyone wants a job that they can feel good about and this is what the theater jobs do for these employees. The employees are contributing to the company and are doing an important job. In fact, they do a better job at it then many people because they have such a positive attitude that is contagious to the patrons of the theater and I'm sure also to the other employees. I wish more employers would look at ways to do the same for other handicapped adults and find things that they can do as well, and maybe even better than others. I hope this management gets the accolades that they rightly deserve.





1 comment:

  1. It's been soooo long since you've posted. I hope that's a sign your life is full and happy!

    ReplyDelete