Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 14, 2013

A night in SF

Last night I got a free room in the Grand Hyatt in San Francisco. This confirmed to me what I had a suspicion about otherwise, sunrise between two buildings is not as amazing as sunrise between two trees! I had a very nice time. I was doing secret shopping for Hyatt and they gave me a free room in addition they asked me to go to their bar, restaurant, and athletic room They also asked me to have valet parking, have the bellman carry my bags, and have room service. It was a very relaxing time and I felt wonderful and spoiled.
I have always heard people talk about room service and I found out I didn't like it as much as going to the restaurant. Breakfast delivered to my room was $58 for scrambled eggs and sausage with orange juice. The only negative to the evening was I spent it alone. I had wanted to spend time on Union Square during Christmas Time so that was good. I had once asked Sarah to come with me, but she wanted to spend time with her friends. I have a friend that thinks of me as a big brother and I asked her to come with me and her son was sick. So, I was alone.
I had placed an ad on Craigslist to see if a woman would like to have dinner with me at the Grand Hyatt and then go take pictures around town with me. I didn't expect any response from my ad and was surprised when I got an email from a woman that said she wanted to join me. She included three pictures, two that she had taken in Africa and one of her. The pictures were fabulous and the picture of her was beautiful. She was blonde and had a German name. I was very happy to hear from her at first then wasn't sure if I wanted to meet her.
She and I traded some emails and I had Googled her name and found out she was a financial adviser and travels around the world for her job. I stated doubting myself in whether I was good enough for this woman. I then started wondering what was going through my mind. One thing I tell my students is to have confidence in themselves.No one wants a teacher that doesn't have confidence in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment