Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Take a Hike

Tonight I'm staying in a motel in Novato since I have to work in a school here in the morning. I might have been able to drive here in the morning, but I would have had to drive through San Francisco and that is a nightmare during rush hour. I got here around 4 and since the motel doesn't have a gym to run I decided to hike up the hill behind the motel for some exercise. It wasn't that steep so I didn't think it would take much energy. The very end was steep and coming down was harder than going up.
On the way up I noticed a lot of holes, I don't know if they were snake holes or some other kind of vermin and I didn't want to find out. There were also deer bones so I guess some kind of predator was in the area also. I sometimes worry about just going off on hikes and adventures by myself because if I got hurt or something no one would know I was gone. On this adventure I even forgot my cell phone so that wasn't good. I am thinking about taking up hiking this year instead of running, I wonder if I could stick with it.
I haven't kept up with my running this year and that worries me. If I don't keep it up then I will let myself get out of shape again and I will become an old man :(. I hope I can keep up with some kind of exercising since I really do know how much it benefits me.





1 comment:

  1. There are tons of meet-up groups for hiking. Even some for "geriatrics" like me! Lin Hively

    ReplyDelete