Total Pageviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

My Life is Like a Song!


On the road again -
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
The life I love is making music with my friends

And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again

Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again

And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again -


The rest of the song is about sharing the road with friends, well that isn't part of my life. In my life I am on the road alone. Driving long distances to a variety of schools enjoying the beauty of this state. I don't know any other job that would allow me to see so much of the Golden State and know I am helping people. This week I will be driving over 1000 miles to 6 different schools from north of San Francisco to the central valley to Lake Tahoe. I don't mind driving so much as long as I can enjoy the scenery and don't have to rush.
My route this week, 1020 miles
 A few weeks ago I got a rock in my windshield and it caused a 6 inch crack which grew into an 18 inch crack. It was the second time a rock hit my windshield, but the first one only put a small pit that was easy to fix before it stated to crack the windshield. I took an afternoon off from driving and let them fix the windshield and did my weekly and monthly report. This school year (since August) I have made over 200 presentations and talked to over 8000 students. Sometimes people ask me how I can do this job and I want to answer them that it is a job and I need a job, but I tell them I enjoy traveling and feel good about helping people. I can't complain because it would do no good. Sometimes I think about if another person were to be hired to handle half of my territory which half would I give up and I realize I like all the area I cover and wouldn't want to give any of it up.
crack in windshield


fixed



No comments:

Post a Comment