Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 1, 2013

I run a race in 3 days

On Sunday I will run a 5K race, 3.2 miles, along the San Francisco waterfront. The best kind of races are the ones that has the city closes streets and we can run where I have driven before. First time I did that was in downtown San Jose one of the largest cities in California. I liked running down the street along the coast in Monterey Peninsula that thousands of tourists drive a day during the summer. I run with my camera in my hand and enjoy looking at the pictures after the race. I really like the races, not the run. I can't believe all the work people put in to make these races fun and interesting. When they run smoothly they are a real joy to be in.
Tomorrow I have to go to SF to pick up my number (bib) and shirt. I am starting to think about race day. Originally I thought the race would start at 8am. I would have to drive and couldn't take public transportation. Two days ago I got an email that the 5K would start at 11am. That way I can take CalTrain. I can get there at 10:30 or 9:30. I like to be at a race an hour early so I can walk out my nervousness and stretch my legs. I will leave my house at 8am and be in SF at 9:30. The only problem is it will be cold. I don't know if I will kill time around SF after the race or come home.
Today I also started looking at what run I will do in September. I have two weekends off so I could run the first or second weekend. The first weekend is Labor Day and some of the races are on that Monday. Last year I ran in Burlingame at their inaugural race so that would be kind of fun to do the second one too. The run is through a very pretty residential area and I know the area so that would be nice. I know that if I don't register for a race each month I won't keep running. I run every day since I know I must prepare for the upcoming race. People can't believe I pay someone so I can run, why don't I run for free.
ATT Park
I know if I don't pay to run a race I will lose my motivation to run on my own. I also won't get up at 8am on a Sunday so I can go run 3 miles with hundreds of other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment