Total Pageviews

Monday, September 8, 2014

Back to the Blog

Running in San Francisco
I haven't written in my blog for over a month. On August 4th I got a job "officially", but I wasn't contacted to do anything until August 11th. Even after that I wasn't told how to prepare for the job until August 18th. I tried to do the preparation for the job and kept getting false information until I was given specific information on September 3rd. Sounds like I was getting the run around ... well it felt like it. That job was supposed to tie me over until my contract was renewed in September.
Rock climbing before run
On September 4th I talked to the person that will assign me schools to visit after I'm trained and she told me there were no more assignments until next year. I was hired to work for Pearson publishing and go to schools when they buy text books (Reading Street Common Core) and train the teachers how to get the most out of the reading series. Schools have started so the teacher training is done for this school year. This is a perfect job for me with my normal job not having much work after the school year is over. So, today I'm in Chicago and tomorrow I will go through intensive training for this job that won't start until next June. The good news is I will be paid for this trip and this training.
Running at night
As I was getting off the plane today going to be trained for my new job I got a call from my old job saying I can look forward for the job starting again in 2 weeks. I should expect a 25% raise from my old salary which might be worth the 2 months without work., especially if I keep the job for 5 more years.
14,000 people running in the SF Giants Race
I look forward to starting the job I love and enjoy and feel like I go a good job doing. I think I'm the best Education Liaison in California and I want to get back to work. I haven't liked this forced vacation and feel like my job is more of a vacation than an actual vacation.
I have been wanting to get back to my blog for a long time. I have a lot of things I want to write about. I will be writing about my 3 races I ran this week. I will write about why I run races and why I did 3 in one week. I will write about how to teach proper pronunciation.
I will write about riding in an indie car, I will write about learning life lessons from Candy Crush, I will write about many other things and write often.









No comments:

Post a Comment