Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Waiting for TWO jobs to start

I have been unemployed for 8 days now. On the third day I had a job interview and on the fifth day I was told I got the job. When I interviewed for the job I should have asked when the job started. When they told me I got the job they said the start date was August 11, 2 weeks later. They gave me until August 1 to accept the offer and then wanted to give me time to do the paperwork and time for them to do a background check. I asked about this and they said they wanted me to start as soon as all the preliminary was done. Three days after inputting the information they needed I am waiting to hear from them again.
At the same time that drama is going on I'm waiting for the National Guard to finish the contract for me to go back to the full time job I have had for the past 6 years. That contract was supposed to be finished written tomorrow and then it will go out for bids for 15 days then they will decide who to give the contract to and hopefully that company will hire me so I can get back to the work I really enjoy and helping the people I really like working with. Even though I don't officially have a job with the National Guard right now many people I have been working with don't know that and still contact me.
I have been called for advice. I have been called to help with paperwork. And, I have been called to supply information I have collected recently. I eagerly helped them each time I was called. I have also been called by Berlitz to teach ESL in Palo Alto. I told Berlitz I didn't think I could because I was waiting for two other job offers to come through. Since then, though, I have thought about contacting them and finding out when I can start teaching. I am tired of waiting in anticipation for possible jobs. I may also contact a prior student of mine that wants me to teach for her school in San Jose. What to do!!?!

2 comments:

  1. I don't need to, both jobs are similar. I will do both jobs simultaneously because they both have me visit schools and meet people that work in the schools.

    ReplyDelete