Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Job Hunting

I have helped lots of people get jobs over the past few years and I hope I have built up enough Karma to make my next transition an easy one. In January I heard that the national contract I have been under for the past five years won't be renewed. This has happened in the past, but they always told us that there was hope. This time they told us there was no hope that it would be extended. The three of us that work in California then looked at the state to see if they would pick up our contract. I talked to one of the decision makers yesterday and he told me he didn't see any way the state could keep us.
I talked to another man that I work with and he relayed the information that he had heard from his boss that the state didn't have the funds to retain us. I have been very depressed over the past 2 days and wanted to just stay in bed with my head under the covers. Unfortunately this week has set records for heat and I would have sweated profusely if I had done that. So tonight I decided the depression should go away and I will start looking for future employment. I got my past 2 jobs with Monster.com so tonight I updated that posting and made it searchable. Tomorrow I will go to my three bosses and ask for letters of recommendation.
So, the search has begun. I will update this blog with what is going on just so I feel I must do something each day so I can write about it. I also will must most of my priority to ensure that the people I work with won't be hurt by my leaving. it isn't their fault I lost my job, it is just the economy of reducing the size of the military. I also started going to the gym again so I can keep my health at it's peak to endure the ups and downs of job hunting. The school year is almost over and I want to do the best job I can to support the schools that I work with. These days I listen to the theme of Indiana Jones often to give me inspiration.
In fact that is my wake up alarm music. I am off to a new adventure and I don't know where it will take me. It might be local, it might be back to Monterey, or it might be in another country. Let me adventure begin and I will keep you updated on all news!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! That is too bad. I'm sorry to hear that you’re having problems about the state not renewing your contract. I personally feel like you’ve built enough connections in the past few years you've worked, so I’m sure you’d be able to get a new job soon. Good luck! :D


    Donna Roland @ Epiphany Staffing Group

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s the spirit, Scott! It can be disheartening to lose the job that you have loved for years. But just like the saying goes; “when a door closes, a window will open.” Maybe this is just an opportunity for you to look for a job that will make better use of your skills and benefit you in the long run. Stay strong!

    Jimmy Murphy @ Barracuda Staffing

    ReplyDelete